Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My friend thinks she's a good singer?

She has been taking voice lessons for a year now and she has even done
some concerts with her teacher's other students. But she is just not
good! I mean there is absolutely nothing beautiful about her voice,
and her parents seem to be aware of that too. They're only paying for
those lessons because they see it as a hobby, but my friend thinks
she's very talented and when she gets frustrated with school she says
she will just become a rock star. I just spent an entire week of
holidays with her, and I was so embarrassed, since she would sing in
the street or the bus, or in general when we're in the middle of α
crowd. And she didn't just hum, she sang loud! So I would tell her to
stop because people were disturbed or something like that. What should
I do? I have never told her anything negative about her singing, but I
have also never said anything positive. I try to remain as neutral as
possible, but no one tells her anything! Should I? She is so blinded
that she doesn't even realize the ironic remarks of her father when
she's performing her vocal exercices in front of him. So not even her
parents will tell her! Her teacher is obviously not going to
discourage her either, since there is also money involved. On the
other hand, I don't feel comfortable at all doing it... What do you
suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment